For many people, the outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 has created high levels of stress. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be extremely overwhelming and create strong negative emotions in adults and children, which is why it’s so essential to find ways that you and your family can manage and reduce stress. Everybody can have a different reaction to stressful situations, and how you respond to the outbreak depends highly on our background, your individual experiences, and the community that you reside in. Top health clinic Premier Medical Associates cares about your health while you stay at home due to the coronavirus pandemic. Read on to learn more about ways that you can take care of your health while in quarantine or before your community starts opening up. If you’re looking for a “walk in clinic near me” in the Orlando area, call Premier Medical Associates to make an appointment today!
Taking Care Of Yourself And Your Community
People who respond more strongly to the stress of a crisis can include:
- Older people and people who have chronic diseases and are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- Children and teens
- People who are assisting with the response to COVID-19 such as doctors, other health care professionals, and first responders
- People who have mental health conditions including problems with substance abuse
It’s important for everybody but these people especially to learn how to cope positively with stress. Helping to take care of yourself, your friends, and your family can not only help you cope with stress but to make your community stronger. Here are some recommendations from a top “walk in clinic near me” about how to cope with stress through the pandemic:
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to new stories, including social media, as constant barrages of news about the pandemic can be upsetting
- Take care of your body and health
- Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate
- Make time to unwind and try to do some activities you enjoy like taking a walk or cooking a meal.
- Connect with others and discuss with people about your concerns and how you are feeling.
Information On Managing Stress From A Health Clinic
Learning and sharing the facts about COVID-19 is important in order to assist in stopping the spread of rumors. When you share accurate information about COVID-19, you can help alleviate the stress of your people, to make a connection with them, and to help stop stigma. It’s key to take care of your own mental health, and if your stress is getting in the way of your daily activities for several days in a row, you will want to call your healthcare provider. If you have any preexisting mental health conditions, you should continue with treatment and be aware of any new or worsening symptoms. You can find additional information from resources such as the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Contact Us Today
Our health clinic wants our community to stay healthy while at home. If you’re looking for a “walk in clinic near me” in the Orlando area, call Premier Medical Associates for an appointment today.