Are you or your loved one in the search for a new geriatic physician? If so, you may be worried that you might make the wrong choice. That is where we come in. We want to make sure that you make the right choice. Here at Premier Medical Associates, our primary care doctors near me are here for you!
Tips For Finding The Perfect Physician
- Insurance network
- The first step in your search is to identify which physicians accept your senior health insurance. While you might think all physicians accept Medicare, a growing number of doctors are declining to work with Medicare and Medicaid due to perceived low reimbursement rates. Your preferred hospital or your insurance company might be able to help you identify physicians who are accepting new patients.
- Ask friends for referrals
- Word-of-mouth is important when it comes to finding a physician to entrust with an older family member’s care. Ask around to see who friends, family, and work colleagues know and trust. They may be able to provide you with valuable insight on what it’s really like to be a patient of a physician you are considering.
- Read the reviews
- While reviews for physicians aren’t as plentiful as those created for other types of services, there are a few physician review sites you should visit online.
- Location and office hours
- Older adults who have restricted their driving or those who rely on others for transportation might place a high priority on office hours and location. Finding a physician with an office nearby and evening or Saturday hours is important.
- Schedule a visit
- The next step is to meet the physician in person. While not all physicians offer this service, it’s worth calling to check and see if the doctor you are considering schedules in-person meetings with potential new patients.
Check Out Our Geriatric Physician
We offer many primary care services. They include the following:
- Gynecology is the branch of physiology and medicine which deals with the functions and diseases specific to women and girls, especially those affecting the reproductive system.
- Endocrinology is the study of the medicine that relates to the endocrine system, which is the system that controls hormones.
- Nephrology is a subspecialty of internal medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the kidney.
- We can help with pre-pregnancy health, pregnancy, health problems after childbirth, genetics, and genetic counseling.
- Cardiology is the branch of medicine that deals with the disorders of the heart as well as some parts of the circulatory system.
- Pulmonology is a field of medicine that focuses on the health of the respiratory system and addresses disorders of the lungs, airways, and respiratory muscles.
Call Our Primary Care Doctors Near Me Today!
At Premier Medical Associates, we offer a large variety of services and have doctors to suit all your medical needs in pain management. We also want to make sure you are successful when it comes to jobs for seniors! We offer everything from in-house testing to Urgent Care. If you are looking for a physician who cares, contact us today. We are here for you every step of the way, Orlando! Stop by the best urgent care Lady Lake FL.